Emilia-Romagna, situated in the northern part of Italy and one of the most advanced regions in Europe known for some of the most famous labels in the world, introduces 14 fashion brands in the ‘Italian fashion towards Dubai,’ a platform dedicated to SMEs allowing them to showcase their famed craftsmanship in the UAE.
The initiative – promoted by Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna, the regional association of eight Chambers of Commerce of Emilia-Romagna and co-financed by Regione Emilia-Romagna – explores the global supply chain mechanism and aims to present the Italian SMEs to operators and seek potential business partners in the Middle East.
“Italian fashion towards Dubai is an important initiative aimed to approach the UAE market, being a hub in the Middle East for fashion, one of the key sectors of Emilia-Romagna. Our competitive, qualified supply chain is based on elements such as quality, advanced technology, territorial peculiarities, creative ability, besides the presence of internationally-renowned brands, as well as an academic and training system that promotes the acquisition of high skills. In Italy, the Emilia-Romagna fashion system represents the third manufacturing sector by the value of exports and the fifth by the number of employees,” says Vincenzo Colla, Regional Councilor for Economic Development and Green Economy, Work, Training.
The ‘Italian fashion towards Dubai’ is organized with the support and collaboration of the Italian Trade Agency (ITA) and Roncucci&Partners, technical partner of the project.
“Fashion is a USD100 billion industry in Italy and among the pillars of the Italian economy, which holds outstanding excellence in foreign trade. We exported about USD 67 billion worth of textile and fashion goods in 2019. Out of which, USD 492 million were accounted to the UAE, a 3.62% increase compared to the previous year,” says Amedeo Scarpa, Italian Trade Commissioner to the UAE.“The project is an important occasion for the supply chain because it is articulated in precise phase and allows to make critical mass – the quality of the enterprises, the variety of the production, and the capacity to present the productions on international markets are important levers in approaching this area,” says Giovanni Roncucci, Chairman of Roncucci&Partners, technical partner of the initiative.
Participating brands are as follows:
- A & A: Founded in 2015, A& A manufacture leather bags and accessories for both men and women. Working along with fashion designers and professionals to create exclusive products, and real Italian style. All steps of the manufacturing process take place in Italy, so customers can be sure they are buying a real “Made in Italy” product. The collections have a sober, elegant and timeless style. Using the finest leathers in the best Italian tanneries. https://www.aeapelletteria.it/
- ABSOLUTE JOY JEANS: Founded in 1987, Absolute Joy Jeans create unique denim collections for the male customer. Hand-made details and special treatments give the collections a distinctive signature and exclusive appearance. www.einstein.it/
- ARTICO & RONCARATI: Artico was born in 1979, becoming an important reality in the handmade production of leather, shearling, cashmere and fur wears. Artico, is renowned for its high-quality products, highly customizable and tailored. In 2010, beside the traditional Artico collection, a new and fierce collection was born, Roncarati. Offering a line of luxury, handcrafted elegant jackets. www.articosnc.it/
- C.ALLA: a brand of luxury lingerie and beachwear totally Made in Italy by Italians whose purpose is to dress women. The lingerie is gentle and elegant, for a woman who wants to feel unique. This is why the designer draws and manufactures garments using only fabrics and embroideries that give the pleasure of wearing lingerie. https://calla.it/
- GIL SANTUCCI: An Italian brand that gives pride of place to female individuality. Its collections are inspired by and designed for women who want to feel and have fun with fashion, enhancing her personality and making her feel secure in her beauty. http://gilsantucci.it/
- La Venenta – Miamo: The social cooperative La Venenta was created by the will of The Association Comunità Santa Maria della Venenta Onlus. With the same roots as the Association and sharing its values, the social cooperative La Venenta Onlus manages residential structures, combining the dedication of resident families and the professionalism of multi-professional teams, in favor of families or single-parent families in charge of Social Services. Miamo is a non-profit label founded in 2015, its goal is to support women, mothers and children, by teaching them skills and abilities in the textile sector. Recycled materials are combined with knitwear to give life to unique hand-made pieces. www.venenta.com/
- LABAM: For over 70 years Labam are have curated high fashion Made in Italy, accessories including necklaces, earrings, bracelets and hair accessories. The high-quality standard of products enables them to work with some of the most prestigious names in the national and international fashion scene as well as producing exclusive pieces. www.labamsrl.com/
- LEONORI GIOIELLI: Founded in Italy in 1962, Leonori Maison creates exclusive jewels with coloured gemstones of the highest quality. Leonori is devoted to everything that provides its jewels with unmistakable style. Every jewel is entirely hand-crafted in Italy by expert goldsmith masters. https://leonorigioielli.com/
- MODAF DESIGNS: Founded in 2017, Modaf Designs is a brand dedicated to alternative, versatile and original fashion. It is renowned for its stylistic influences that unite in an absolutely appealing way, both Western style with Afro features for a unique and harmonious result. Sumptuous embroidery is lighting with authentic splendor those outfits, enhancing those feminine forms thanks to an incomparable tailoring and an unconditional love for hand craft and handmade works. https://modafdesigns.com/
- MODITALIA2: Moditalia2 was born in the early 90’s consolidated experience in the handicraft manufacturing of fashion accessories. All items are completely hand-made, with the latest collection focusing on floral corsages and bows. www.moditalia2.com/
- OREQUO: Luxury silk and cashmere products, such as scarves, foulards and stoles, handmade in Italy using the finest materials, for an elegant and refined style. Orequo‘s aim, through its products, is to hand down history and culture and, for Fall/Winter 2020, has created a precious collection of stoles in wool/silk blend dedicated to the greatest work of Dante Alighieri, the Divina Commedia. https://orequo.com/
- PINKO: Founded in the early 90’s, PINKO is an Italian independent fashion brand positioned in the entry to luxury segment. The collections are characterized by a unique and feminine attitude, by an original flair that stands out women’s style. PINKO speaks to women of different ages, who fully live their femininity; they are curious, have a strong personality and are passionate for fashion. https://www.pinko.com/
- ROSANNA PELLEGRINI: The company MP di Rosanna Pellegrini & C. sas was founded in 1963. Autumn/Winter collections are knitwear made mainly with high-quality yarns, while in the Spring/Summer collection, in addition to “real tricot”, fine fabrics of various types prevail. MP di Rosanna Pellegrini production has always been carried out with handicraft care 100% Made in Italy. www.rosannapellegrini.it/
- SUZY MIX: With 25 years of experience, reliability and commitment to the Made in Italy fast fashion industry. New, freshness and constant innovation are the echoing the identity of the brand, whose creation, ranges from clothing to accessories and bijoux. www.susymix.com/it/
“Measure, manage and mitigate” – core words echoed by panellists
Ajman Tourism, Bahi Ajman Palace and TravTalkME celebrate World Tourism Day
MBRF contributes to ‘DYOD: Donate Your Own Device’ Campaign
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) contributed to the ‘DYOD: Donate Your Own Device’ campaign, which was...
Emirates Health Services Board of Directors holds fourth meeting of 2023, reviews results of the first round of transformational projects
The Board of Directors of Emirates Health Services (EHS) held its fourth meeting of 2023, chaired by H.E. Dr. Mohammad...
Sharjah Airport completes preparations to provide fast handling horse shipment service
Sharjah Airport’s Cargo Centre completed its preparations for handling horse shipments, in line with the efforts of Sharjah Airport Authority...
HSMAI Middle East Announces the 6th Annual ROC Commercial Strategy Conference
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International – Middle East (HSMAI ME) is excited to announce the 6th ROC Middle...
MoHAP marks World Heart Day with awareness event at RTA
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has organized an awareness event at the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in...
Assistant Secretary-General of UNDP honors Mohammed bin Rashid Knowledge Foundation
On the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly’s meeting held in New York, the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum...
Minister of Economy & OECD Deputy Secretary-General discuss ways to enhance cooperation in new economy sectors
Determinants of ‘We the UAE 2031’ vision highlighted during the meeting
SAIF Zone takes part in 52nd Watch & Jewellery Middle East Show
The Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) has announced its participation in the 52nd Watch & Jewellery Middle East...
du Appoints Fatema Al Afeefi as Head of Employee Experience and HR Digitalization
du, from Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company (EITC), today announced the appointment of Fatema Al Afeefi as the new Head of...
Mondoir and Dubai Culture Introduce ‘INFINITE’: A Fusion of Arabic Calligraphy and Modern Tech
An exhibition with the renowned Diaa Allam celebrates the evolution of Arabic art forms
Carnegie Mellon Qatar announces highest enrollment in campus history
The student population at Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q), a Qatar Foundation partner university, has reached a campus record...
Dubai Municipality bags first position in Global Benchmarking Award 2023
Dubai Municipality has achieved a remarkable global distinction, securing first place at the Global Benchmarking Award 2023, an esteemed accolade...
LG presents a breath of fresh air at its retrofit solutions seminar, planting a tree for each attendee
LG Electronics (LG) yesterday hosted an engaging seminar on retrofitting homes and businesses with LG Inverter Technology, drawing an impressive...
Carrefour Celebrates 28 Years with Unbeatable Discounts Across All Products
Carrefour, owned and operated by Majid Al Futtaim in the UAE, has announced discounts of up to 70 per cent...
- Events & Happenings6 days ago
Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange Partners with Expo Centre Sharjah to Expand its Services in Sharjah
- Events & Happenings1 week ago
The Maybourne riviera in France named No.26 in the inaugural ranking of the world’s 50 best hotels 2023
- Food & Beverages1 week ago
KFC Celebrates Green for Saudi National Day
- Events & Happenings1 week ago
Jump for joy: bounce sharjah opens its doors with spectacular new venue at Aljada, Sharjah’s new hub
- Art & Culture1 week ago
Family Weekend: Life By the Coast Programme, Creative Experiences Inspired by Emirati Maritime Heritage
- Information & Technology1 week ago
42 Abu Dhabi Hosts Coding Hackathon in Collaboration with Al Hathboor Bikal.ai
- Awards1 week ago
Sheraa CEO, Najla Al Midfa, wins prestigious Arabian Business Arab Woman Award for Entrepreneurship
- Events & Happenings1 week ago
Al Asayl Exhibition 2023: A Four-Day Fiesta Showcasing Arab Equestrian and Falconry Heritage Comes to Al Dhaid