As this year’s GITEX exhibition focusses on the interconnected power of technology, Cisco has published its New Trust Standard, which assesses the trustworthiness of an organization’s digital transformation.
This new benchmark seeks to raise the bar for building trust with customers as work becomes hybrid, more data is collected online, and cyber threats increase. The New Trust Standard was presented with supporting data insights from Cisco 2021 Consumer Privacy Survey during the annual GITEX technology trade show held at the Dubai World Trade Center. The survey, establishes the following critical elements needed for organizations to earn, maintain, and grow customer confidence:
- Zero Trust Architecture: Keeping out cyber threats by challenging assumptions and verifying every connection, from every device, every time.
- Trusted Supply Chain: Being aware of every component, how it is manufactured, and where it has been – while working closely with suppliers to mitigate risk.
- Data Rights: Stay ahead of evolving customer expectations and government regulations
- Transparency: Being clear about what data is collected and how it is used; being open about incidents and issues as they transpire; and publicizing what is being done to rectify.
- Certifications and Regulatory Compliance: Demonstrating commitment to customers by earning trusted certifications awarded by independent third-party auditors.
“Trust is more than a sentiment,” said Fady Younes, Cybersecurity Director, Cisco Middle East and Africa. “Digital businesses need the ability to verify the trust and resilience of its solutions, operations, and actions. This framework helps us understand the core pillars in a process that makes trust quantifiable.”
In the context of today’s digital transformation, these elements are critical to bolster consumer confidence. According to the Cisco 2021 Consumer Privacy Survey, which engaged 2600 respondents across 12 countries, consumers have a clear desire for transparency and control with respect to a business’ data practices. Other key survey highlights include:
- “Privacy Actives”: Nearly one third of consumers have taken a more active role in protecting their privacy, including leaving organizations over their data practices or policies
- Privacy Regulations:Laws are regarded very positively around the world, albeit awareness remains relatively low in many countries
- Data Privacy During the Pandemic: Most people want little or no reduction in privacy protections while supporting broad public health measures
- Artificial Intelligence: Consumers are very concerned about the use of their personal data in AI decision-making, and their trust is at stake
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi celebrates the arrival of new aircraft to serve the very best destination in the region
The national airline adds a new state-of-the-art Airbus A321 aircraft to its modern and sustainable fleet, taking total aircraft to...
Raffles retreat arrives in time for Dubai’s golden winter
In a city where the sun bestows its golden embrace, Dubai offers the perfect backdrop for Raffles The Palm’s newly...
Bahwan Travel Agencies LLC Partners with Amadeus to Boost Customer Experience in Oman
Collaboration to enrich Bahwan Travel Agencies' product portfolio for inspired choices and journeys without stress
House of Wisdom and King Faisal Center sign MoU to organise exhibition of rare manuscripts in Sharjah
The House of Wisdom (HoW) in Sharjah signed a cooperation agreement with the King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic...
HBMSU’s Annual Gathering 2023 brings together learners and graduates under the theme ‘Driving Sustainability in Education’
The Learners Relationship Management Department (LRM) of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU) organised the ‘Annual Gathering 2023’, titled ‘Driving...
“Measure, manage and mitigate” – core words echoed by panellists
Ajman Tourism, Bahi Ajman Palace and TravTalkME celebrate World Tourism Day
MBRF contributes to ‘DYOD: Donate Your Own Device’ Campaign
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) contributed to the ‘DYOD: Donate Your Own Device’ campaign, which was...
Emirates Health Services Board of Directors holds fourth meeting of 2023, reviews results of the first round of transformational projects
The Board of Directors of Emirates Health Services (EHS) held its fourth meeting of 2023, chaired by H.E. Dr. Mohammad...
Sharjah Airport completes preparations to provide fast handling horse shipment service
Sharjah Airport’s Cargo Centre completed its preparations for handling horse shipments, in line with the efforts of Sharjah Airport Authority...
HSMAI Middle East Announces the 6th Annual ROC Commercial Strategy Conference
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International – Middle East (HSMAI ME) is excited to announce the 6th ROC Middle...
MoHAP marks World Heart Day with awareness event at RTA
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has organized an awareness event at the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in...
Assistant Secretary-General of UNDP honors Mohammed bin Rashid Knowledge Foundation
On the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly’s meeting held in New York, the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum...
Minister of Economy & OECD Deputy Secretary-General discuss ways to enhance cooperation in new economy sectors
Determinants of ‘We the UAE 2031’ vision highlighted during the meeting
SAIF Zone takes part in 52nd Watch & Jewellery Middle East Show
The Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) has announced its participation in the 52nd Watch & Jewellery Middle East...
du Appoints Fatema Al Afeefi as Head of Employee Experience and HR Digitalization
du, from Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company (EITC), today announced the appointment of Fatema Al Afeefi as the new Head of...
- Events & Happenings1 week ago
Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange Partners with Expo Centre Sharjah to Expand its Services in Sharjah
- Food & Beverages1 week ago
KFC Celebrates Green for Saudi National Day
- Awards1 week ago
Sheraa CEO, Najla Al Midfa, wins prestigious Arabian Business Arab Woman Award for Entrepreneurship
- Gadgets & Technology6 days ago
AI-enabled washing machines are now a reality with the LG 2023 VIVACE
- Events & Happenings1 week ago
Al Asayl Exhibition 2023: A Four-Day Fiesta Showcasing Arab Equestrian and Falconry Heritage Comes to Al Dhaid
- Events & Happenings6 days ago
Watch & Jewellery Middle East Show Opens 52nd Edition Tomorrow bringing together more than 500 exhibitors
- Developments1 week ago
Ministry of Economy highlights UAE’s efforts in developing intellectual property legislation
- Events & Happenings1 week ago
Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort Celebrates the Splendid Conclusion of another Memorable Summer Season